Today interlocking pavements are used almost everywhere. Be it a parking lot, a walkway or anywhere, interlocking pavements provide it an exquisite look. The best part about the sidewalk is its ease of maintenance. If you are looking forward to paving your houses’ front area, go ahead with Cf Landscaping services. According to www.landscapemagazine.co.uk, with interlocking pavements you have such incredible designs to go for that you will be surprised by the options. Unlike the usual concrete sidewalks, these have many additional features that are very helpful. We will discuss more them in this article that will surely make you change your mind about it:
· Cleaning of stains: Do you remember how difficult it could get to take off a stain from a concrete surface? Well, the case is entirely different in the case of an interlocking pavement. The ease with which a stain can be removed from it is fantastic. Use a simple detergent on the stain and there you are with a new looking surface. Another option is to pour hot water on the oil stain first and then use a detergent to work on it.
· Algal growth: In the rainy season, algal growth is quite common on almost every surface. It increases the chances of a slip and fall incident. To avoid any significant accident, clean the pavement regularly to keep away from the algal growth. There is no hard work needed to get rid of the algal bloom, and you will get rid of it in just 10 to 15 minutes of cleaning.
· Weed growth in the interlocking spaces: Seeds fall from the trees or get carried away from the wind and start growing in the area left out between two pavement pieces. One can quickly get rid of those unwanted weeds by using a herbicide or by removing it manually. Both are equally comfortable tasks to perform. No unique tool will be needed for the purpose because you can get rid of weeds pretty quickly.
· Efflorescence risk: In concrete floors, you must have seen the formation of a pattern also known as white whiskers or efflorescence. Some contractors have their way of preventing the chance of its creation in the future on the floor. There are certain chemicals that if added before installing the pavement at the same surfaces, the chances of formation of efflorescence pattern can be prevented. Chemical used are nothing else but cleaning agents. Use it with utmost care as it might end up discoloring your pavers.
· Sealing the pavement: It is essential to carefully seal the sidewalk, or different blocks can get dislodged from their position creating an uneven surface. With gaps left over in between, there can be weed growth, dirt accumulation that will ultimately damage the entire surface from underneath.
· Cleaning: Regular cleaning of pavement is essential for keeping it in its beautiful appearance. With regular maintenance, your pavement area will look new forever. Cleaning doesn’t need any extra efforts as a simple mix of detergent and water will be sufficient with a simple mop to wash the dirt away.